Caesar Land

When I was a teenager I worked at a pizza place called "Caesar Land". It was Little Caesar's version of Chuck E Cheese. I kno...

When I was a teenager I worked at a pizza place called "Caesar Land". It was Little Caesar's version of Chuck E Cheese. I know that sounds like it would be awful, but we got to eat tons of pizza and occasionally some Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, so it really wasn't that bad.

I mainly worked in the kitchen and made pizzas, which was actually a lot of fun. My friend Amy had it kind of rough though. She did parties. People would book parties there and they got a server (Amy) who would be at their whim. Much more stressful than the safety of the kitchen.

Caesar Land was actually a family affair. My cousin's wife was one of my managers, and my brother worked there as well.

Anyway. I always remember this one CL incident. We had these really long, purple tables with equally long, purple, padded benches.

I was out on the floor (where the tables and benches were) cleaning or something. I sat down on a bench and felt this pinch. A nail had come through the bench and poked me in the butt. Not like a good-thing-I-had-my-tetanus-shot poke, just maybe a small tear in my pants. But enough to where if the nail wasn't taken care of it would eventually come through more and hurt someone.

I went back and told our manager Mike.

Mike was 26 and for whatever reason seemed to be thought of as cool by the other employees. I was always slightly intimidated by him. I don't know, maybe it was because he was labeled cool, I just remember always feeling stupid around him.

So I was of course thrilled that he was the manager on duty and I got to tell him I got a hole in my unflattering work pants by sitting on a nail.

After reporting the incident to Mike, I went into the bathroom to make sure my underwear wasn't showing through. After coming back out I noticed that Mike was just sitting there. Hello? There's a nail+kids out there!

So I'm like, "uh, I sat on a nail out there. You might want to put something on it." I remember he got a weird look on his face. He takes a minute and goes into his office and then brings out a band-aid and hands it to me.

I was a little confused. Okay, I guess we can put a band-aid on the bench but I don't really know if a band-aid is sharp-metal proof... I was like "oh... okay, so you think this will work?". And he got a weird look again. Come on! What's going on???  So he tells me he doesn't know and that's something I'd have to check out myself, and asks if it was bleeding.

Then it hit me.

When I said "you might want to put something on it", he thought the it was MY. BUTT.  He thought I was actually asking for assistance in that way. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I quickly explained that I didn't mean for/need his assistance, and I was referring to the bench, but the damage was already done. You can't block out the fact that you accidentally asked your boss to put a band-aid on your bare butt at work.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. i don't think i have ever heard that story!!! was i still working there when that happened??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have no idea! An awesome outcome of miscommunication...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work at Caesarland too. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images