Josh and Suzy's Bridal Shower!!!

The inspiration for the shower came from the plum color of Josh and Suzy's wedding. My mom added in a chartreuse green to compliment i...

Photobucket

The inspiration for the shower came from the plum color of Josh and Suzy's wedding. My mom added in a chartreuse green to compliment it.

My mom and Linda (who from here on out will be known as "The Moms")  along with gram, myself, Ginger, Andrea and Keri all set up for the shower. The Moms headed the whole thing, doing a TON of work. They are amazing!!! And I have to point out, these pics don't do it justice.

So, here's a view of the shower from many different angles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had fabric hanging from every wall, tons of garland, and dark purple and silver mini disco balls hanging from the ceiling. Gram had sewn all of the green fabric used on the tables, and wrapped each silverware setting individually!

Here are some of the details close up.

The mirrored tray with the glitzy disco balls held all of the coffee condiments.The bubbly glass with the purple satin ribbon, and the votive candle is what we had at each table. A glass apothecary jar holding the purple and silver balls was placed at each end of the dessert table. And the last photo is a close up of a flower arrangement my mom made for the food table.
Photobucket

Here you can see the canning jars we used for punch cups. We had an eclectic collection of lace table runners on every table. And in the last photo you can see the flower arrangement mentioned above.
Photobucket 

On one of the multiple trips my mom and I made to Target when my she was here in CA (back in December) we found these purple glass tear drops. They were actually Christmas ornaments, and they went perfect above the dessert table. Below you can also see the silverware that gram wrapped!
Photobucket

My dad led a very nice prayer for Josh and Suzy. Helene and Carolyn were a big help in putting together chicken salad hors devours. In the last pic Josh is holding up a gorgeous one-of-a-kind card my aunt Karen made just for them!
Photobucket

Suzy and Helene, Mom and one of her best friends Kathy, Josh and Nell, and me and Gram (I still have a bit of swelling in my cheeks...).
Photobucket

The Moms in their aprons!
Photobucket

For drinks we had water flavored with fruit. We also had this amazing punch, a mix of sparkling cider, lemonade and club soda.
Photobucket

Photobucket

As usual, The Moms had an amazing menu! The brunch theme included breakfast casserole, pineapple bread pudding, chicken salad in their own individual crunchy buttered toast cups, croissants, fruit and veggies.
Photobucket

Helene, Josh, Suzy and Carolyn.
Photobucket

The desserts were amazing!!! My favorite were the chocolate cherry wine cookies.
Photobucket

Me and Suzy, The Moms, Josh and Geraldine, Suzy and Keri.
Photobucket

Josh and Gram, mom and Bob (Bob came at the end of the shower to help shuttle the shower gifts home).
Photobucket

The favors were so cute! My mom had found these adorable bird clothes pins/chip clips. She got a mix of colorful tea towels from Target and we pinned a bird clip to each. Each guest also got cinnamon coffee cake pop. They were dipped in white chocolate and had small pearls and edible purple flowers on them (homemade!).
Photobucket

Seven lucky winners won a prize of two floral/bird hand towels, red, pink and white ceramic measuring cups, and a cute spatula. Amy got to take home one of these prizes!
Photobucket

Keri, Susan (two of the girls standing up in the wedding), Suzy, Josh and me.
Photobucket

It was a gorgeous shower, and I was so glad I had the opportunity to go home and be part of it. Josh and Suzy make each other so happy, and I love seeing them excited while they prepare for married life. We are so blessed to be adding Suzy to our fam, and even luckier that her extended family are so great!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Beautiful and amazing shower, Emily! Great job by everyone involved! Love the plum decor accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It was beautiful. I am so sorry I couldn't be there, but these pictures are great at showing what I missed! What a bunch of talented people you all are. Congratulations on a great job and best wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All arrangements are awesome specially bird cloth pins. Planning for my cousin’s bridal shower at one of venue Houston. Thinking of hiring event planners for it as have to make it awesome. Came to know about one event planner and will be hiring him.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images