San Diego

We met up with one of my best friends Amy and her husband Jeff in San Diego this past weekend. She's a doctor and was in from Michigan...

Photobucket

We met up with one of my best friends Amy and her husband Jeff in San Diego this past weekend. She's a doctor and was in from Michigan for a medical conference.  Jeff had met her out there so they could stay a few extra days for fun.

We had gorgeous weather for the most part, and a great view from the hotel! Here's a look outside the window of the US Grant, a gorgeous historical hotel in the heart of San Diego. Also, a shot of some chandeliers in the lobby.

Photobucket

We spent a lot of time in the Gaslamp Quarter, and on Monday went to La Jolla to check out the Birch Aquarium.

Photobucket

The aquarium was right on the water, appropriately.

Photobucket

Here are some shots of us in front of the water. I kind of cringe when I see myself in these because I thought that all of my visible swelling had gone down. Until I saw these pics. These are the first pics I've had taken of myself face-on since the surgery, and I feel like I look like a chipmunk... but everyone else looks good and I don't get to see Amy nearly enough... I had to post them!

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think you look fantastic, Emily! And I love that coat/jacket you're wearing. I do know how you feel about seeing a photo of yourself when you weren't quite sure that you looked like that...I had the same feeling after seeing photos of myself in the weeks after having each of the boys.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images