Holidays in Michigan 2011

Justin and I got to spend over 2 weeks in MI this past holiday season!!! We spent a ton of time with family and friends (which we are alwa...

Photobucket

Justin and I got to spend over 2 weeks in MI this past holiday season!!! We spent a ton of time with family and friends (which we are always grateful for), did a lot of relaxing, celebrated Christmas, New Years and even went to Canada!

My mom holiday-ified the dining room with gorgeous turquoise and silver accessories. It looked so stylish. She even bought and glittered the words "Noel" and "Joy", and then framed and hung them!

Photobucket

We celebrated Christmas Eve at my grandparents. My Gram always makes an amazing meal! After dinner we watched old videos of holiday skits we put on at Van Dyke Church of Christ. They are SO FUNNY. I'll have to transfer them from VHS to something that I can put online.

We opened up presents afterwards and then played some board games (well, my dad, Gimmy, Justin and I played board games while my mom and Gram slept sitting up...). Josh and Suzy were both working (missed you guys!!!).

Photobucket

Our church had it's first candle-lit midnight service on Christmas Eve. We had a great turnout and will be doing it again next year!

Photobucket

Christmas morning! Josh and Suzy came over and we opened our gifts from Santa (yes, Santa still brings us presents...). The best gift was by far the remote control helicopters that Josh and Justin got. They flew them around the house from the time they opened them til the time we left for CA (my mom's cookie cooling trays made for great landing spots when propped up on board game boxes...). My dad also came out on top with an awesome MSU Sparty hat (see below)!!!

We were so comfy in our sweats that we made it an all day thing. Also, I am aware that in one of the family photos it looks like Justin's arm ends at his wrist/he has some weird nub for a hand, but it looked like that in all of the ones that included Gram and Gimmy, so I had to put it in.

Photobucket

I've said before how great of a cook my brother is, so I was so excited when he offered to make us an entire meal from scratch. Butternut squash ravioli (with homemade pasta!), spinach risotto and chocolate souffle! It was so yummy!!! Thank you Josh (and Suzy and Mom, Josh's helpers)!!!

Photobucket

Whenever I go home I get to see my friends and their babies! Cali is so hilarious and has so much personality, and Alex is adorable and is growing like crazy!!!

Photobucket

We had a large group gathering at Brio for New Year's. After that everyone came back to our house to ring in the new year!

Photobucket

We just made it back in time! We got to our house at 11:58pm, just in time to quickly fill glasses with sparkling cider and see the ball drop!

Photobucket

We had such a great time in Michigan hanging out with family!!! I'm sad it's over and I miss everyone already, but I'm so thankful that we got over 2 weeks with everyone! I really am blessed with such amazing family and friends! Love you guys!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fun! And great photos! One of my nephews got that same helicopter for Christmas and all the men were playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! So nice to be able to "see" you all! I spent so many Christmas Eves with you guys. Such great memories! Thanks for sharing, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images