Happy Birthday from Venice!

Today is October 8th... my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!!! We are in Venice! After our two hour train ride from Florence, we...

Photobucket

Today is October 8th... my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!!!

We are in Venice!

After our two hour train ride from Florence, we arrived around 3:30pm.

It was time to explore the city!

But first, a bird had to poop on my head. And then Justin had to spend twenty minutes trying to find a free restroom because I forgot about the Euros in my pocket. And then a water-taxi-driver had to offer us a ride to our hotel for only 100 dollars. Then the lady at the water-bus ticket place had to tell us they were "not a bank" when we didn't have exact change for the tickets.

Another two hours later and we were finally ready to tour the town! It is so amazing here! I didn't realize that there were like, canals instead of roads.

Photobucket

I thought there was just one big canal and then little streets with cars. But no... except for the buildings and maze of narrow walkways, it's almost all water! We even saw a water ambulance race by.

The sun was just setting, so everything looked even more interesting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A shot I got from the water bus.

Photobucket

I can't wait to see this town during the day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images