For Customers Only

I pretend I am a laundromat customer to get quarters. The laundry room at my apt. doesn't have a change machine, and the laundromat th...

I pretend I am a laundromat customer to get quarters.

The laundry room at my apt. doesn't have a change machine, and the laundromat that gives change for dollar bills is so close, that it only makes sense that I get change there!

But it's for customers only.

While this is not enough to deter me from getting change there, it is enough to worry me that if the owners realize I am not a customer, they'll come chase me out by my car with a baseball bat and beat me.

So I must pretend to be a customer.

And I put a lot of work into it.

I get out of my car and I look into the back car seat, as if I'm checking on my laundry. Yep, just another laundry day! Man there's a lot of laundry in the back of my car. Then I walk into the laundromat (which up until about 6 months ago I thought was called a laundry mat, which, if you ask me, makes much more sense).

As soon as I'm inside, I walk around checking out washers and dryers, as if I'm checking out which will be the best for me and if there are any left over articles of clothing. Then I check out the powdered detergent you can buy. Do I need some? Maybe that's why I need quarters. Hmmm... many laundry decisions to make.

Finally, the reason I'm there. The change machine. I wander over, put my dollar bills in, and look around for someone who might be the owner. By the time my quarters drop down I'm afraid they've ("they" being the quarters-for-customers-only owners who I don't even know exist and have never enforced that rule) caught on to me. So I grab  my quarters, stick them in my jean pockets and run for it! I run to my car and hop in, still pretending like there's laundry in my car and I forgot something.

I then speed home and do my laundry!!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This TOTALLY made my day! You are a rule-follower like me. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during your laundromat trips!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images