Pat Downs!

So I got a pat down at the airport. Yes, one of those pat downs that you've been seeing on the news. The ones that I thought were goin...

So I got a pat down at the airport.

Yes, one of those pat downs that you've been seeing on the news. The ones that I thought were going to come close to rape. I was so scared to get one, the news made them sound AWFUL. Like, super super scary!!! But the body scanners are so new, and I'm not convinced that that technology is safe (I'm more concerned about getting cancer than them seeing me naked).

So, when I was told I had to have a body scan I opted out. They didn't have a female ready, I think they want to make it harder to get a pat down because it's more work for them. But I waited for a TSA to come over and make out with me so I could get on the plane. One finally arrived.

She was super nice. The process was pretty simple. We walked over to a little rug with feet marks (much like if you had to get a pat down in the past) and she grabbed all of  my luggage that was coming off of the security conveyor belt and set them next to me. She loved my carry on (the super cute turquoise one with the hot pink lining!) so we chatted about that.

The "infamous" pat down was much like the ones they've given before, except slower. They did check a few more areas, like my under wire, but they did it so fast, it was not a big deal. Justin got one as well, and we both agreed that we'd take a pat down over the scanner any day.

I don't know where the wide spread fear of the pat down is coming from. I have a conspiracy theory that it's the company selling the scanners to the airports and they are trying to scare people so that the scanners catch on and they will profit... but don't quote me on that. And while I'm sure the few people on the news were genuinely not happy with their experience, I highly recommend the pat down. I'm seriously convinced, mind you on no research, that the scanners give cancer.

Yay pat downs!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images