Braces and New Headshots

I have braces! I have to have jaw surgery and the braces are to get my teeth ready for it, as well as straighten them out. It's looking ...

I have braces! I have to have jaw surgery and the braces are to get my teeth ready for it, as well as straighten them out. It's looking like I'll have them on for five months, then surgery, then another five months, so 10-12 months all together. I was really upset that I had to get braces, and had been putting it off for a while. I wouldn't have cared if my career choice was in another field, but being an actress, braces are kind of annoying. However, I got them on, got new headshots with them, and I'm totally fine with it.

I had braces when I was younger, and I remember hating it. I remember people telling me "oh, you'll get used to it" and when I got them off I was like "people told me I'd get used to them and I never did!". I think now because I'm older, I'm paying for them, and I'm the one scheduling and driving to all the appointments, I've totally embraced them. It's just not a big deal, you know? I do sometimes notice that when I'm at home, sitting at my computer, I feel my tongue slightly hanging out, like one of those Pomeranians, but I have it under control and try not to look like that in public. Awesome! Here are a few of my new headshots showing off my braces.
Photobucket

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous! You totally pull off the braces look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel! They match your eyes in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Carissa, I thought of you! I remember when you had your braces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:19 AM

    I'm an actress living in Texas (moving to LA soon) I recently had to get braces at 22 and am worried that I won't book anything because of them. Should I get headshots WITH them on? I know headshots are suppose to be "you" but will I be turned away? Any advice or experience you can share with me?
    -Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nicky!

    If you're going to have them off soon (6 months or less), I'd say wait on the headshots. If it's longer than that then I'd say get some. It is of course, harder to get work and representation with braces, so don't get discouraged if you don't book anything. The braces will be off so soon and you'll have a smile you're totally proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:21 AM

    I totally disagree. Wearing braces and having headshots is same as wearing glasses and having heashots. Often they ask you to remove glasses when taking close-ups or heashots. I was modeling for 2 years while wearing metal braces and nobody even asked me when they are about to get off! Don't be ashamed about your braces, they won't hurt anybody. Smile and show them proudly, it's nothing to be ashamed of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:28 AM

    I got fast braces when I was 23 and about a week later a job as model with no questions asked about my braces. I was dating more guys while wearing braces than before or even after I got braces off. All guys said that braces made me more attractive and sexy! So I was a bit sad when my braces got off 2 years later. I think it is much better to show of your braces than bad teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images