Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!

I love TV during the holiday time because all of the fun, and sometimes the not-so-good-but-you-watch-them-anyway-because-it's-Christmas...

I love TV during the holiday time because all of the fun, and sometimes the not-so-good-but-you-watch-them-anyway-because-it's-Christmas, movies are on TV. But there is one Christmas classic that I wouldn't mind seeing go off the air for good. And I feel like I'm the only one that feels this way. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is really depressing, empty and overrated. I think it's the fact that there are no visible adults in their world except for on the phone, and when they talk it's "wah wah wah". And conversations between characters have this odd delay in the dialouge. Also, there's the fact that Charlie Brown actually is depressed. Then there's the animation, the weird dancing. I just don't get it. I even tried to watch it this year, to get into it. I had to change the channel. The thing that gets me most is that everyone seems to love it! Now, I do like the music, when I hear it it always feels like the holidays. But I'm fine with just hearing that on the radio.

Photobucket

My all time favorite Christmas movie is "A Christmas Story". It is so well done and so hilarious. Lucky for me TBS plays it 24 hours straight starting Chirstmas Eve. I also love A Muppets Christmas Carol, all of the stop animation classics like Rudolf and the Misfit Toy one (are they the same?), The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (animated & Jim Carey), and all the other classics. I like "It's A Wonderful Life" just fine, but whenever I see it I think of my dad because it's his fave.
Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images