The Delphine

I got to try one of my "LA Restaurants I Want to Try" this weekend, The Delphine. We were meeting up with Terry, a longtime friend...

I got to try one of my "LA Restaurants I Want to Try" this weekend, The Delphine. We were meeting up with Terry, a longtime friend of Justin's, and his wife Lauren. I had wanted to check this restaurant out ever since it opened back in January. It's French cuisine and it's so cute inside! The floor had a gorgeous teal and cream tile. I loved the upscale French furniture. The color scheme, cream and teal with birch wood, was so calming and easy on the eyes. I've never seen a space decorated like it.

They have four menus (for different times of the day), and when we went they were only serving brunch. I have been looking forward to trying their dinner menu, so we'll have to go back. The brunch menu was very fancy. I got Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry, which is exactly what it sounds like. They have a pastry chef in house so everything is made right there. It was very good.

I took the paper menu so I could take a picture of it for my blog... hehe. And I also took a matchbox! I love when restaurants have matchboxes! There's something about matchboxes, and stamps, that I find so cool. It's having a tiny intricate design on this little object, I love it. I had a bunch of matchboxes from Kings, a restaurant we used to go to. They had great matchboxes, but then I kept forgetting to take them out of my purse. I went to clean it out one day and I had tons of loose matches everywhere. When I finally gave that purse away a lot of the matches were still inside, there were so many. The only reason I remembered to take this Delphine matchbox out is because I (Justin) needed to take a picture of it.

Anyway, after we ate we decided to look around. The Delphine is part of the W, which just opened up in the past couple of months. It's so chic. We were going to go up to the rooftop to check it out. We were lingering by the entrance that was supposed to have a way up to the rooftop, however it was roped off. But the woman we asked said that's the way we had to take, so we sort of just stared inside until some guy came out. He seemed sort of put out that he had to come and see what we needed. When we told him what we wanted, he let us know that only W residents/people staying at the hotel were allowed up. Which, fine, but he didn't have to be so rude about it. So we didn't get to see it. This time.
Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images