What IS this???

We found this at my apt. building right outside the laundry room. Even in my four years in TX I've never seen anything this big. I me...

Photobucket

We found this at my apt. building right outside the laundry room. Even in my four years in TX I've never seen anything this big. I mean, it's like 2+ inches long... and scary...

I risked my life and slid a quarter next to it so you could get an idea of its size.

Anyone???

UPDATE: Justin's quick research skills have solved the mystery! It's a Jerusalem Cricket. Apparently it's native to the western United States and part of Mexico... And, they can bite. People.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Holy cricket! I can't believe you got that quarter so close to it! But I do understand the need to take a photo of it...I did that when a tarantula showed up on our porch one day...and wanted inside the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It was so creepy!!! And really, the picture doesn't do it justice, it's so huge in person! I kind of think it's dead, though, since it's been there for about 24 hours...

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images