My Tivo

I love film. I love it. And I'm very picky about it. I can't stand sitting through, let alone spending money on fluffy romantic come...

I love film. I love it. And I'm very picky about it. I can't stand sitting through, let alone spending money on fluffy romantic comedies , gratuitous sex and violence, dialogue that is predictable, unoriginal, or takes itself way too seriously. I love those great films where the directors, actors and crew are obviously putting their hearts and souls into a film, and not because of the money, but because they love the craft and take pride in producing a good film.

Well, television is a different story. Don't get me wrong, I love a well-made television series, and if they are attempting to be a well-made television series but are constantly selling out (Grey's) then it really aggravates me. BUT, the t.v. shows that I can't wait to rush home and watch on my Tivo are a far cry from what I require in a good film... (and thank goodness for Tivo! Something I said I'd never have, and now I don't know what I'd do without it!)

Age of Love Mondays 9pm NBC
Okay, brilliant NBC. One 30-year-old man has to pick one girl out of a handful, BUT! The trick is that it's 40 v.s. 20. When the show started he thought it was going to be all young 20-ish girls, but they started with the 40's, a.k.a "cougars", and he was devastated. But he quickly got over it when he realized he was loving the 40 year olds, and vise versa. At the end of the first ep they brought out, surprise! the 20 year olds. They've purposely cast very immature and mean 20's, a.k.a. "kittens", and we see the 30-year-old Aussie tennis player go on dates with each. It's way fun, and you can read the bachelor like a book.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette ABC
This season ended about a month ago, but when it starts back up, my Tivo is already set for it. It is, again, brilliant. I always say I'm not going to watch such a lame show, and then I watch the first episode just to make fun of it and I'm hooked. Girls/guys break down, do the most desperate things, and when they get rejected you would think the sky was falling... and I can't look away!!!

Top Chef Wednesdays 10pm Bravo
I LOVE this show!!! They have 12 or so chef's and on each ep they have to do two challenges (Quick Fire and Elimination), and at the end of each episode someone goes home. It's great, there's always drama and the chef's, for the most part, are usually pretty quirky. And Bravo reruns this CONSTANTLY, so if you want to check it out you can still catch up!

Next Food Network Star Sundays 9pm Food Network
Another elimination show for chefs. This one, however, is for an on-air job. There really shouldn't be any drama on this one, but there is. The winner goes on to have their on show on the Food Network. Now, I can't say that I'd be interested in watching any of these candidates on their own show, but together on this series, it's great. Rory, who I originally wanted to be voted off, has been doing pretty well, and I'm thinking of giving her a second chance...

Iron Chef America Saturdays 9pm Food Network
Okay, so I love reality cooking shows. This show blows my mind. One of the Iron Chef's faces off with a challenger. They are given one ingredient at the begining and they have to make 5 dishes that use that as their main ingredient. I've seen them make everything from asperigus ice cream to lamb creme brulee...

Grey's Anatomy Thursdays 8pm ABC
This used to be my favorite, but it kind of sold out in the second season and is not as good as it used to be. Nevertheless, I do tivo and watch it every week.

Traveler Wednesdays 9pm ABC
This was a surprise. I tivo-ed it not knowing what to expect, and I really enjoyed it. It's about two guys who were framed for a terrorist attack and now they're on the run trying to gather evidence to prove their innocence. It's very fast paced and very consistent. There are a couple times where I'm like "what?", and there are a few actors who aren't that great, but those characters don't show up that much. I highly recommend it

Third Rock Thursdays 9pm NBC
LOVE it. One of the few extremely well done television shows. It's very rare that you find a T.V. show of this caliber. They have the best actors (Alec Baldwin makes the show), directors, and I am always dieing laughing the entire way through. If you're not watching it you are definitely missing out!

Best Week Ever Weekends VH1
I love the news. I'm always watching local, CNN, Headlines, Yahoo News at work, but my favorite place to find out what's been going on in the week is this show. It is so funny!!! And they play it all weekend, so even if you don't have Tivo you can/must catch it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images